Friday, December 01, 2006

Swing, baby, swing~!

Regardless of rumors of the neighboring nation preparing its second nuke test despite all the condemnation from the international society, the life in Seoul still moves fast. People still smile, have meals, go to work, make love, buy stocks, and do stupid things here and there, everyday.

Routines of life perhaps is the strongest force of all. No matter how terrified past you have, it will be forgotten gradually, and no matter how splendid love you had, it will also be faded away as time goes by. Who are we to claim any in front of the great tide of time?

Am I now talking like a pessimist or a someone sitting on a grayline stuck between the black and white, and not bothered by any? Well, maybe I am, but naturally I am not born with the fortune. Particularly, those reside in Korea and know of me for an extended period of time, without much exception, advise me not to act in a way that I want. Obviously, they fully understand how stupid and impulsive I can be from time to time, and how the society currently I live in is not affectionately reacts to a kind of people like myself. ^^

You see, it's exactly like choosing a pair of shoes in this country. If you're a woman, you're not looking for shoes that fit to your feet and feel comfortable therein, but you're asked to find shoes look great. Whether they fit to your limbs isn't a question you're supposed to ask. Either you have to deform your feet into those horribly painful shoes or walk with bare feet.

Why not make shoes that actually fit?

Why not change those don't fit to the real into those actually fit?

Why not swing as you please?