Monday, December 04, 2006

Season's greetings!

Sometimes, we are surprised realizing how life can be lit up with an exquisite joy by such a simple thing. If you're lucky enough, this is when you truly acknowledge the value of life and appreciate your existence on this over-crowded planet. Withdrawing myself from leisurely social life for sometime and being an inert as a result, the life style I have had could've been worrisome for some of my beloveds. Then, a friend, more precisely the whole family of a friend flew over all the way from Vancouver and saved my arse from being a complete couch potato this weekend. Still having an acute pain in the head and wondering if that's because of too much sleep over the weekend or still a lack of rest stacked from all the stress I earned from the previous week-long labor, I removed myself from the comport zone of the preciously warmed sofa and tv and prepared for an outing. Our rendezvous was arranged as usual at a downtown hotel lobby, whereabouts is famous for night scenery particularly during the winter since the city's mayor decided to decorate the district with thousands of different colored lights completing even more kinds of festive shapes. No doubt, there were shapes of Santa, snow, trees covered with snow, houses covered with snow over which Santa was flying on a sleigh carried by Rudolf, the reindeer. And this time of the year, you can frequently spot lovers kissing/embracing each other, young couples holding hands of their children running errands, a few weirdoes peeping at them with some unknown curiosity like myself. Although, eyes almost blinded by surrounding neon, I didn't cease to stare every single of them. Consequently, some moments later, the lights slowly faded into a big blurriness encompassing the whole world. How fascinating it was. Surely, the dinner with friends went smooth and even pleasant while we exchanging casual jokes to each other; remember, we don't joke around in Korea. Despite I always complain about people here being damn serious for literally about everything and anything, sometimes, realizing that I have become one of them gives me a sense of eeriness. Suffocated from constantly being serious at all times, I did enjoy making fun of each other and saying silliest ever comments in most awkward ways, which brought me a refreshing sense of vitality on life. Then again, I murmured to myself, "how jolly life can be!" Yey, the holiday season is around us now, and this time, I feel wonderful, and even become nervous as if I am a child waiting for a socks' full of presents from the Santa.

I send you the warmest hug and kiss for this Christmas!