Friday, December 01, 2006

A beautiful day.

Out of the subway station, I see people standing by, hesitating to step out, looking up the sky helplessly, staring at pouring rain. 'Why are they hesitating to step out?' I thought.
I've been waiting for a rain like this for years. Tired of endless drizzling spingkles, memories of monsoon in my childhood were only realized in dreams. Mother had to run about to catch me in some terrible storms due to my unusal habit to love wet myself in rains, she said I even threw out shoes and umbrellas and argued they were too much to carry around in rains.
Well,,, she just made up the story, that, I don't know.
One thing for sure this morning, though, I had to fight hard not to do so only because I was on my way to the office and so damn sure nobody would understand it.