Friday, September 18, 2009

Ground Enabling Ones to Stand Firm

I felt weak for the past couple of months. Despite the hours of physical training of pushing myself to limits, my mind still was not clear and my strength still didn't seem to find its way back. I was having this constant headaches, anxiety along with a few other bodyaches here and there. I can't argue that my anxiety and aches were probably partly induced by the pathetic work ethic and the attitude of a boss who I can't avoid the daily contact and am directly involved for my performance evaluation; in other word, I lived in a living hell for most of my awaken hours. Well, I won't waste my breath for the unworthy thing. Anyways, I suffered for the last few months feeling vulunerable and indefensible of myself until last night.

You might wonder what had happened then? Nothing spectacular. I happened to visit one of my fellow coworkers' apartment with other ladies at work. Her house was filled with this welcoming aura and the scent from a whole bunch of petite flowers and herbs of which names I've never heard of. First, your nose and eyes would pleasantly entertained with the fresh odor and low-lit candles. Second, you would feel embraced by the hostess's warm welcoming gestures, well displayed by a variety of delicious home-made dishes. Then, everything followed by this aroma of freshly roasted coffee and eased body as ladies fill the air with their laughters and chat away their anguish. After the ladies' night gathering at Ms. Lee's terrace last night, I feel much recharged, eased, and found a solidarity therein.

A newly revealed truth: we don't need much to gain our strength back in the dark hours, it is people in whom you find TLC.