Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meeting Friends from the Past

Last night was rather hectic. When squeeze three appointments with people from my past into the usual tight schedule, I thought of myself what on earth I wish to see them. Some seemed appreciate that I took notice of their presence of being back to Seoul, but some not much. With one person, I almost felt humilated because he managed to have me feel as if I begged to see him. 'Interesting,' I thought. I remembered why I hadn't contacted him for last three something years, and felt I wasted my time. But the other two were great to see after lengthy years apart. Despite the short talks we have over a cup of tea, and sizzling plate of cow intestines and soju, we managed to briefly catch up with the time we hadn't exchanged one another. Great! Yet, in some conversations, I realized there were certain stuffs we no longer coincide each other; differences that I hadn't felt before came to us. a short silence and a slightly awkward jokes were exchanged.

'Is this it?,' I thought.
Life moves on, and people who I used to know seem taking a different walk of life.