Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Seoul, Seoul, Seoul~

It's been exactly a week since I returned to Vancouver from the two week's vacation in Seoul. Things were wonderful; couldn't hope for more. The dinners with family, relatives and friends who I haven't met too often in the past two years were happily taking their time to meet me at the airport and sit with me over a few dinners. I thank them wholeheartedly. I am truly blessed.

While I enjoyed my time with the beloveds, I noticed some changes in and out of the country. The passing of Kim Jeong-il was one of them, which triggered a lots of speculations for Korean experts about the future of peninsula and how it would weign in the set of international politics. I was, of course, very keenly interested and hoping this wouldn't bringing in too much confusion in the region. After all, that is the country where I was born and raised.

The streets in Seoul has been changed quite a bit. I couldn't believe I had to ask questions to passers-by while I strolled down the allies where I used to spend so much time growing up; felt very odd. After enjoying all those Kimchi bombarded comfort food, and companying of friends and family, I began missing things in Vancouver that I found a new discovery. I must've develop a new sense of home-ness here when I didn't even realize. Although I still miss my family and my pet in Seoul, I am happy to claim that I feel also quite comfortable and relieved to be home in Vancouver.

Good to be back to blogging as well. It's been almost two years since my previous writing!